Child-in-Care Benefits

September 1, 2018

If you collect your Social Security benefit at age 62 but still have a minor child at home, does that child qualify for benefits too? Jim and Chris answer a caller’s question regarding Child-in-Care benefits. They also discuss with another caller what the options are for an inherited 401(k). Should it be moved or just left in place? And in response to an email question, Jim and Chris discuss the Social Security Earnings Test and what happens when the Social Security Administration figures you owe them money.

Check out the background of firms and investment professionals on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.

Jim Saulnier and Associates | 970-530-0556 | 506 East Mulberry Street, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524

Jim Saulnier, Registered Representative, Securities offered through Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a Broker/Dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC to residents of: CO, IA, IN, MA, NY, TN, TX, WI and WY. No offers may be made to or accepted from any resident outside the specific states mentioned. Jim Saulnier, Investment Advisor Representative, Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor. Financial Planning services offered through Jim Saulnier and Associates, LLC., a Registered Investment Advisor. Cambridge and Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC are not affiliated.