GPO, IRA CDs, Transitioning to a Distribution Portfolio, and MYGAs – Q&A #1929

August 3, 2019

GPO, IRA CDs, Transitioning to a Distribution Portfolio, and MYGAs – Q&A #1929

As Jim and Chris continue working through the pile of listener questions they address a wide range of subjects; from setting up your online Social Account,  transitioning to a Distribution Portfolio, Multi-Year Guaranteed Annuities, and more.

4:05 A Pennsylvania listener seeks help setting up an online Social Security account.

8:20 An Ohio listener and wants Jim and Chris’s thoughts on their retirement strategy, specifically if it will reduce their Social Security GPO (Government Pension Offset).

22:30 A Colorado listener wants to know if an IRA CD still has Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs).

26:25 An Indian listener is preparing to retire and would like to know when they should begin transitioning to a distribution portfolio.

51:30 A California listener would like to better understand MYGAs (Multi-Year Guaranteed Annuities).

Check out the background of firms and investment professionals on SEC’s Adviser Info Page.

Jim Saulnier and Associates | 970-530-0556 | 506 East Mulberry Street, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524

Ed Slott Advisor recognition requires an advisor to be well versed on the rules and regulations regarding IRAs. The advisor must attend two live training sessions and pass two written exams annually to remain in the program. Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC (“RIA Firm”) is a registered investment adviser located in Fort Collins, CO. Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC may only transact business in those states in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. Current registered states: CA, CO, PA, TX, WA, IL Insurance products and services are offered and sold through James H. Saulnier, a Colorado licensed insurance producer, only in those states in which he is reciprocally licensed or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from licensing requirements. Current reciprocal insurance licensing in these states: AZ, CA, CA, CN, FL, HI, IA, MA, MD, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY Click here for a more detailed disclosure.