IRA Questions

May 7, 2016

IRA Questions

Jim and Chris answer IRA questions and Social Security questions from listeners.  If you started contributing to a Roth IRA and then got a promotion at work that pushed you above the earnings limits for a Roth, what is the best thing to do with the funds you already contributed? If a 66 year old is still working and hasn’t filed for Social Security yet, can their 62 year old spouse file for their Social Security and then choose to claim their spousal benefit? Will a Roth IRA conversion cause your Social Security benefits to be taxed?  And, if you do a 60 day rollover, when does the 60 day period start?

Check out the background of firms and investment professionals on SEC’s Adviser Info Page.

Jim Saulnier and Associates | 970-530-0556 | 506 East Mulberry Street, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524

Ed Slott Advisor recognition requires an advisor to be well versed on the rules and regulations regarding IRAs. The advisor must attend two live training sessions and pass two written exams annually to remain in the program. Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC (“RIA Firm”) is a registered investment adviser located in Fort Collins, CO. Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC may only transact business in those states in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. Current registered states: CA, CO, PA, TX, WA, IL Insurance products and services are offered and sold through James H. Saulnier, a Colorado licensed insurance producer, only in those states in which he is reciprocally licensed or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from licensing requirements. Current reciprocal insurance licensing in these states: AZ, CA, CA, CN, FL, HI, IA, MA, MD, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY Click here for a more detailed disclosure.