Money From an IRA to an HSA

January 20, 2018

Jim and Chris answer email questions. A listener in Montana asked if you can roll money over from a traditional IRA to an HSA and consider it an HSA contribution. A listener in Maryland wanted to know if you could write a check from your IRA to a charity and have it count as a QCD (Qualified Charitable Distribution). A third listener wanted to know what do you do if your retirement planner retires before you do? Jim and Chris also talk with Barry James of James Investment Research regarding his insights on the new Tax Bill’s impact on the equity market and how to deal with an exuberant Market.

Check out the background of firms and investment professionals on SEC’s Adviser Info Page.

Jim Saulnier and Associates | 970-530-0556 | 506 East Mulberry Street, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524

Ed Slott Advisor recognition requires an advisor to be well versed on the rules and regulations regarding IRAs. The advisor must attend two live training sessions and pass two written exams annually to remain in the program. Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC (“RIA Firm”) is a registered investment adviser located in Fort Collins, CO. Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC may only transact business in those states in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. Current registered states: CA, CO, PA, TX, WA, IL Insurance products and services are offered and sold through James H. Saulnier, a Colorado licensed insurance producer, only in those states in which he is reciprocally licensed or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from licensing requirements. Current reciprocal insurance licensing in these states: AZ, CA, CA, CN, FL, HI, IA, MA, MD, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY Click here for a more detailed disclosure.