Naming a Child As a Co-Owner of a Bank or Investment Account

January 23, 2016

Naming a Child As a Co-Owner of a Bank or Investment Account

You would think that naming a child as a co-owner of a bank or investment account would be a good idea, right? That way, if something happens to you they can more easily help you pay your bills. Jim, Chris and Peter discuss why naming your children on these accounts may be more if a headache than a help. They also answer a couple of listeners’ questions. How can you correct a Social Security earnings history? What’s the best use of your money: using it to pay the taxes to convert a Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA, or just opening a new Roth? How can you financially take care of a special needs child? And… is there a best strategy to use when drawing funds out of  multiple different types of retirement accounts?

Check out the background of firms and investment professionals on SEC’s Adviser Info Page.

Jim Saulnier and Associates | 970-530-0556 | 506 East Mulberry Street, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524

Ed Slott Advisor recognition requires an advisor to be well versed on the rules and regulations regarding IRAs. The advisor must attend two live training sessions and pass two written exams annually to remain in the program. Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC (“RIA Firm”) is a registered investment adviser located in Fort Collins, CO. Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC may only transact business in those states in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. Current registered states: CA, CO, PA, TX, WA, IL Insurance products and services are offered and sold through James H. Saulnier, a Colorado licensed insurance producer, only in those states in which he is reciprocally licensed or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from licensing requirements. Current reciprocal insurance licensing in these states: AZ, CA, CA, CN, FL, HI, IA, MA, MD, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY Click here for a more detailed disclosure.