What to Do With RMDs You Don’t Need

September 17, 2016

You have to take Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) from your non-Roth IRA retirement accounts when you reach 70 1/2. If you’re fortunate enough to not need the money, Jim and Chris discuss options for what to do with those RMDs. They also answer a listener’s question regarding how to determine if you need a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and how to find one.

Check out the background of firms and investment professionals on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.

Jim Saulnier and Associates | 970-530-0556 | 506 East Mulberry Street, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524

Jim Saulnier, Registered Representative, Securities offered through Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a Broker/Dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC to residents of: CO, IA, IN, MA, NY, TN, TX, WI and WY. No offers may be made to or accepted from any resident outside the specific states mentioned. Jim Saulnier, Investment Advisor Representative, Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor. Financial Planning services offered through Jim Saulnier and Associates, LLC., a Registered Investment Advisor. Cambridge and Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC are not affiliated.