Social Security, IRAs, and Book Recommendations : Q&A #2106

February 6, 2021

Social Security, IRAs, and Book Recommendations : Q&A #2106

Jim and Chris sit down to answer listeners’ question regarding Social Security, IRAs, and give a couple financial book recommendations.

(2:40) A local Coloradoan is referred to Jim from a colleague in Fort Collins to answer a Social Security question.

(13:00) George from West Virginia looks for clarification on spousal Social Security benefits and how they are calculated.

(18:50) A listener asks for advice on whether to save into a Roth 401k and do backdoor Roth conversions or to continue saving into a traditional IRA and 401k plan.

(25:45) A returning listener provides clarification on a previously asked question and looks for answers about WEP and GPO.

(31:00) Georgina from Texas asks for the best time to start taking survivor benefits from Social Security.

(57:30) A Californian listener asks for the best book recommendations concerning retirement and financial planning.

Check out the background of firms and investment professionals on SEC’s Adviser Info Page.

Jim Saulnier and Associates | 970-530-0556 | 506 East Mulberry Street, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524

Ed Slott Advisor recognition requires an advisor to be well versed on the rules and regulations regarding IRAs. The advisor must attend two live training sessions and pass two written exams annually to remain in the program. Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC (“RIA Firm”) is a registered investment adviser located in Fort Collins, CO. Jim Saulnier & Associates, LLC may only transact business in those states in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. Current registered states: CA, CO, PA, TX, WA, IL Insurance products and services are offered and sold through James H. Saulnier, a Colorado licensed insurance producer, only in those states in which he is reciprocally licensed or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from licensing requirements. Current reciprocal insurance licensing in these states: AZ, CA, CA, CN, FL, HI, IA, MA, MD, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WY Click here for a more detailed disclosure.